In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodation for Council meetings should notify the City Clerk’s Office at least 24 hours prior to the meeting at 206.275.7793.
To discuss with legal counsel pending or potential litigation pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(i) and for planning or adopting the strategy or position to be taken by the City Council during the course of any collective bargaining, professional negotiations, or grievance or mediation proceedings, or reviewing the proposals made in the negotiations or proceedings while in progress pursuant to RCW 42.30.140(4)(b) for approximately 60 minutes. No action to be taken.
A. October 30, 2020 in the amount of $582,147.69
B. November 6, 2020 in the amount of $689,934.39
Recommended Action: Adopt the 2021 State Legislative Priorities.
Recommended Action: Proclaim the month of November as Native American Heritage Awareness Month in the City of Mercer Island.
1. Conduct a Public Hearing and consider public testimony on Ordinance No. 20-26.
2. Suspend the City Council Rules of Procedure 6.3, requiring a second reading of an ordinance.
3. Adopt Ordinance 20-26 as presented extending the Town Center moratorium for another 6-months.
1, Approve the ARCH 2021 Work Plan, allocate $50,222 for the 2021 ARCH Administrative Budget, and allocate $51,729 as a placeholder for the 2022 ARCH Administrative Budget.
2. Allocate [$50,000] annually to the ARCH Housing Trust Fund for 2021 and 2022.
1. Suspend the City Council Rules of Procedure 6.3, requiring a second reading for an ordinance.
2. Adopt Ordinance No. 20-25, amending the 2019-2020 Biennial Budget.
1. Approve Resolution No. 1587, declaring a finding of “substantial need” and setting the 2021 Property Tax levy limit at 101%.
2. Suspend the City Council Rules of Procedure 6.3, requiring a second reading for an ordinance.
3. Adopt Ordinance No. 20-22, appropriating funds and establishing the amount of Property Taxes to be levied for fiscal year 2021.
4. Adopt Ordinance No. 20-23, establishing the dollar amount and percentage increases of the regular Property Tax levy and the levy lid lifts for fiscal year 2021.
5. Allocate $30,000 of unassigned General Fund Balance to complete the Housing Needs Assessment as part of the 2021-2022 budget.
6. Approve the following utility rates:
a. Approve Resolution No. 1588, establishing classifications of water users and a schedule of charges for water usage, a schedule of rates for fire service, a schedule of special service charges, meter and service installation charges, and connection charges effective January 1, 2021 and thereafter.
b. Approve Resolution No. 1589, establishing rates and connection charges for sewage disposal services provided by the City of Mercer Island effective January 1, 2021 and thereafter.
c. Approve Resolution No. 1590, establishing the bi-monthly service charge for storm and surface water services provided by the City of Mercer Island effective January 1, 2021 and thereafter.
d. Approve Resolution No. 1591, establishing the bi-monthly utility fee for the emergency medical and ambulance services supplied by the City of Mercer Island effective January 1, 2021 and thereafter.
7. Approve Resolution No. 1592, approving NORCOM’s 2021 budget allocation to the City of Mercer Island.
Recommended Action: Approve Resolution No. 1593 adopting new development and construction permit fees effective January 1, 2021.
Recommended Action: No formal recommendation.