In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, those requiring accommodation for Council meetings should notify the City Clerk’s Office at least 24 hours prior to the meeting at 206.275.7793.
1. AB 5660: 2019 Community Needs Assessment
Recommended Action - Receive report.
2. Approve Accounts Payable Reports:A. Report for the period ending January 17, 2020 in the amount of $1,801,091.75B. Report for the period ending January 24, 2020 in the amount of $316,699.09
3. Approve Certification of Payroll dated January 31, 2020 in the amount of $841,594.43.
4. Approve Minutes of the January 21, 2020 Regular Meeting.
5. AB 5661: Review and Approve the 2020-2021 City Council Priorities and Confirm Additional Work Items.
Recommended Action - Adopt the 2020-2021 City Council Priorities and confirm the list of additional work plan items.
6. AB 5657: City Council Rules of Procedure Amendments
Recommended Action - Approve Resolution No. 1578 amending the City Council Rules of Procedure as set forth in Exhibit A.
7. AB 5659: City Council Regular Meeting Time Code Amendment (1st Reading; Ord. No. 20C-03)
Recommended Action - Adopt Ordinance No. 20C-03 amending section 2.06.010 of the Mercer Island City Code to change the time of Regular Meetings of the City Council.
8. AB 5656: Boards & Commissions Code Amendments (1st Reading, Ordinance No. 20C-02)
Recommended Action - Adopt Ordinance No. 20C-02 amending membership appointment process in Chapters 3.34 Design Commission, 3.46 Planning Commission, 3.52 Utility Board, 3.53 Parks & Recreation Commission, and 3.55 Mercer Island Arts Council.
9. AB 5655: Authorize the use of Revenue from the HB1406 Tax Credit and Appropriate Funding for the ARCH Administrative Budget.
PART I: Options for allocating the HB 1406 revenue
Authorize the City Manager to allocate XX% of the revenue received from the HB 1406 tax credit to [selected option(s) here].
PART II: Options for funding the ARCH administrative budget
Appropriate an additional $16,232 in 2020 for the City’s contribution to the ARCH administrative budget using [insert option here].
10. City Council Liaison Appointments
11. Planning Schedule
12. Councilmember Absences & Reports
1. To consider the selection of a site or the acquisition of real estate by lease or purchase when public knowledge regarding such consideration would cause a likelihood of increased price. RCW 42.30.110(1)(b). (90 minutes)
To discuss pending or potential litigation with legal counsel pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(i). (30 Minutes)
To evaluate the qualifications of an applicant for public employment or to review the performance of a public employee pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(g). (30 Minutes)