1. DISCUSS, CONSIDER, AND TAKE NECESSARY ACTION TO RATIFY WORK ORDER #5 BETWEEN THE CITY OF BAY CITY, TEXAS AND CIVIL PE'S FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RELATED TO THE CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT OF THE NEW ROW E HANGER AT THE BAY CITY REGIONAL AIRPORT.
2. MINUTES OF SPECIAL CALLED MEETING ON AUGUST 19, 2020
3. MINUTES OF REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING ON AUGUST 25, 2020
4. MINUTES OF SPECIAL CALLED MEETING ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2020 .
5. PRESENTATION ~ FINANCE TRANSPARENCY AWARD
6. BUDGET ~ DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND/OR APPROVE BUDGET AMENDMENTS FOR THE BAY CITY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION AS OF JULY 27, 2020.Jessica Russell, BCCDC Executive Director
7. BUDGET ~ DISCUSS, CONSIDER, AND/OR APPROVE THE BAY CITY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION'S BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021.Jessica Russell, BCCDC Executive Director
8. RESOLUTION ~ DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND/OR APPROVE A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF BAY CITY, TEXAS ADOPTING THE CITY OF BAY CITY FIVE YEAR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM.Scotty Jones, Finance Director
9. ORDINANCE ~ AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING AN OPERATING BUDGET FOR THE CITY OF BAY CITY, TEXAS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2021 AND ALL DESIGNATED, SPECIFIED, NOTED, AND INDICATED LEVIES, RATES, RESERVES, REVENUE PROVISIONS, AND PLANNED EXPENDITURE INHERENT, EXPRESSED, AND INCLUDED THEREIN; PROVIDING FOR A CUMULATIVE CLAUSE: PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY: AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.Scotty Jones, Finance Director
10. BUDGET ~ CONSIDER AND/OR APPROVE A MOTION TO RATIFY THE PROPERTY TAX INCREASE REFLECTED IN THE BUDGET FOR THE CITY OF BAY CITY FISCAL YEAR 2021.Scotty Jones, Finance Director
11. ORDINANCE ~ AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE TAX RATE OF $0.65500 PER $100.00 OF ASSESSED VALUATION FOR THE CITY OF BAY CITY, TEXAS, FOR THE PURPOSE OF PAYING THE CURRENT EXPENSES OF THE CITY FOR THE FISCAL YEAR ENDING SEPTEMBER 30, 2021, LEVYING A MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS RATE OF $.48212 AND FOR THE FURTHER PURPOSE OF CREATING A SINKING FUND TO RETIRE THE PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST OF THE BOND INDEBTEDNESS OF THE CITY LEVYING A DEBT SERVICE RATE OF $.17288; PROVIDING FOR A LIEN ON ALL REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY TO SECURE PAYMENT OF TAXES DUE THEREON; PROVIDING A SERVERABILITY CLAUSE HEREWITH; AND PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
Scotty Jones, Finance Director
12. ORDINANCE ~ DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND/OR APPROVE AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF BAY CITY, TEXAS, ADOPTING A FEE SCHEDULE ATTACHED HERETO AS EXHIBIT "A" AND LABELED "APPENDIX B" TO BE ADDED TO THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF BAY CITY, TEXAS; ADOPTING FEES AND CHARGES FOR VARIOUS CITY SERVICES AND SONSILIDATING THOSE FEES AND CHARGES FOR CONVENIENCE; PROVIDING FOR REPEAL; PROVIDENG FOR RATIFICATION; PROVIDING A PENALTY; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.Scotty Jones, Finance Director
13. CONTRACT ~ DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND/OR APPROVE EXTENDING THE CONTRACT WITH INTERNATIONAL BANK OF COMMERCE (IBC).Scotty Jones, Finance Director
14. ELECTION ~ DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND/OR APPROVE THE AMENDED ORDER OF GENERAL ELECTION. Jeanna Thompson, City Secretary
15. CLOSED MEETING TO DISCUSS PERSONNEL MATTERS IN ACCORDANCE WITH TITLE 5, SECTION 551.074 OF THE TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE (TO DISCUSS APPOINTMENT, EMPLOYMENT, EVALUATION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES, REASSIGNMENT, DISCIPLINE OR DISMISSAL OF AN OFFICER OR EMPLOYEE, OR TO HEAR A COMPLAINT OR CHARGE AGAINST AN OFFICER OR EMPLOYEE: CITY MANAGER.
Action by Council Authorized: The City Council may vote and/or act upon any item within this Agenda. The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda, pursuant to and in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.071, to seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offer or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas conflict with the Open Meetings Act and may invoke this right where the City Attorney, the Mayor or a majority of the Governing Body deems an executive session is necessary to allow privileged consultation between the City Attorney and the governing body, if considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act. The City Attorney may appear in person, or appear in executive session by conference call in accordance with applicable state law.
Attendance By Other Elected or Appointed Officials: It is anticipated that members of other city board, commissions and/or committees may attend the meeting in numbers that may constitute a quorum of the other city boards, commissions and/or committees. Notice is hereby given that the meeting, to the extent required by law, is also noticed as a meeting of the other boards, commissions and/or committees of the City, whose members may be in attendance. The members of the boards, commissions and/or committees may participate in discussions on the same items listed on the agenda, which occur at the meeting, but no action will be taken by such in attendance unless such item and action is specifically provided for on an agenda for that board, commission or committee subject to the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Executive Sessions Authorized: This agenda has been reviewed and approved by the City’s legal counsel and the presence of any subject in any Executive Session portion of the agenda constitutes a written interpretation of Texas Government Code Chapter 551 by legal counsel for the governmental body and constitutes an opinion by the attorney that the items discussed therein may be legally discussed in the closed portion of the meeting considering available opinions of a court of record and opinions of the Texas Attorney General known to the attorney. This provision has been added to this agenda with the intent to meet all elements necessary to satisfy Texas Government Code Chapter 551.144(c) and the meeting is conducted by all participants in reliance on this opinion.
CERTIFICATION OF POSTINGThis is to certify that the above notice of a Regular Called Council Meeting was posted on the front window of the City Hall of the City of Bay City, Texas on Friday, September 4, 2020 before 6:00 p.m. Any questions concerning the above items, please contact Mayor Robert K. Nelson at (979) 245-2137.