1. Meeting Minutes of Budget Workshop on June 18, 2020
2. Meeting Minutes of Budget Workshop on June 16, 2020
3. STATUS UPDATE ON 16TH STREET POOL.
Shawna Burkhart, City Manager
4. PRESENTATION OF RECOGNITION OF BAY CITY MAIN STREET 2020 NATIONAL ACCREDITATION.
Shawna Burkhart, City Manager
5. RECEIVE A REPORT FROM WCA ON THE SANITATION OPERATIONS IN THE CITY OF BAY CITY AND DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND/OR APPROVE WCA'S CPI RATE INCREASE REQUEST PURSUANT TO THE SOLID WASTE CONTRACT WITH WCA.
Krystal Mason, Code Compliance Officer
6. DISCUSS, CONSIDER AND/OR APPROVE AN EVALUATION FORMAT AND/OR EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR THE CITY MANAGER'S PERFORMANCE EVALUATION.
Councilman Bill Cornman
7. DISCUSS, CONSIDER, AND/OR ADOPT A RESOLUTION DESIGNATING A PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING FIRM FOR THE 2020 TEXAS CAPITAL FUND DOWNTOWN REVITALIZATION/MAIN STREET PROGRAM OF THE TEXAS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (TXCDBG) PROGRAM FOR APPLICATION AND PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION.
Alyssa Dibbern, Engineering Tech
Action by Council Authorized: The City Council may vote and/or act upon any item within this Agenda. The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda, pursuant to and in accordance with Texas Government Code Section 551.071, to seek the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offer or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas conflict with the Open Meetings Act and may invoke this right where the City Attorney, the Mayor or a majority of the Governing Body deems an executive session is necessary to allow privileged consultation between the City Attorney and the governing body, if considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act. The City Attorney may appear in person, or appear in executive session by conference call in accordance with applicable state law.
Attendance By Other Elected or Appointed Officials: It is anticipated that members of other city board, commissions and/or committees may attend the meeting in numbers that may constitute a quorum of the other city boards, commissions and/or committees. Notice is hereby given that the meeting, to the extent required by law, is also noticed as a meeting of the other boards, commissions and/or committees of the City, whose members may be in attendance. The members of the boards, commissions and/or committees may participate in discussions on the same items listed on the agenda, which occur at the meeting, but no action will be taken by such in attendance unless such item and action is specifically provided for on an agenda for that board, commission or committee subject to the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Executive Sessions Authorized: This agenda has been reviewed and approved by the City’s legal counsel and the presence of any subject in any Executive Session portion of the agenda constitutes a written interpretation of Texas Government Code Chapter 551 by legal counsel for the governmental body and constitutes an opinion by the attorney that the items discussed therein may be legally discussed in the closed portion of the meeting considering available opinions of a court of record and opinions of the Texas Attorney General known to the attorney. This provision has been added to this agenda with the intent to meet all elements necessary to satisfy Texas Government Code Chapter 551.144(c) and the meeting is conducted by all participants in reliance on this opinion.
CERTIFICATION OF POSTINGThis is to certify that the above notice of a Regular Called Council Meeting was posted on the front window of the City Hall of the City of Bay City, Texas on Friday, July 10, 2020 before 6:00 p.m. Any questions concerning the above items, please contact Mayor Robert K. Nelson at (979) 245-2137.